An Unexpected Nanny

Monday, June 4, 2012

New Beginnings


I guess I should say hello and welcome...I hope I don't drive you all to boredom...or one of you or no one... no idea whether anyone will be interested in reading any of this...but I thought I might start by telling you where all this started for me.




This last week has been quite a week for me...pardon the pun. I've written my fanfics for a while and people seem to like them , which is good.  So I thought...why not try to write a book. I LOVE to write. When everyone is driving me crazy or if I'm bored or worried, I can sit down and start typing and it makes me feel better...it's calming. 




The first time I wrote a story it was fanfiction. I cringe a little when I go back and read that first story, it's...well rough...but hey everyone has to start somewhere so I did, pretty much at the bottom...again...pardon the pun. I was an avid reader of fanfiction and I mentioned to an author there (Ali) that I would love to write something. She was full of encouragement and I have to say if it wasn't for her I probably would have still been wishing I could try. 




So the EASY thing about fanfiction is that the characters have already been developed, so you have a place to start, sort of like starting  a jigsaw puzzle with the corners in place. The HARD thing is that you have to get the characters right, or it just doesn't ring true. I hope I get that right because I go to great pains to try and get the voices right in my head. I do though add my own characters , well sort of, most of the times the characters just add themselves, and they keep doing things that get them spanked..but that's not my fault,  I just go with the flow. 




As well as writing, I love to read, which is what lead me to Blushing Books. After reading numerous books I saw the button for 'Want to Write for Us?' I clicked it and decided I would give it a go. So that was where 'Becky's Last Chance' ...my first ever published work began. What's next? Hopefully you'll tune in and see :)
















Becky's Last Chance




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sexy Cherry