An Unexpected Nanny

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Introducing….drumroll Dinah McLeod!!!




I'm so happy to introduce a fellow author and a new friend Dinah McLeod. Welcome Dinah!



Thank you Constance! I'm so happy to be here! Thank you for having me!



You're very welcome Dinah. Now, you've come to talk about your new book An Errant Bride. I'm dying to hear all about it. Is this your first published book?


Yes it is. It's been out for about three weeks now, and it's been so fun to see how readers are responding to it.


Tell us about An Errant Bride.


Sara Harris has married a wonderful man, Ethan, and she thinks everything is going OK. He has other thoughts, and she is surprised, horrified and a bit sore after that discussion! She's never heard of domestic discipline before, but she already knows she doesn't like it one bit! She fights it tooth and nail until something has got to give...either a love for her bottom, or her love for her husband.




Where did the idea of the book come from?



Well, I live in a DD relationship, and I brought the idea of DD to my husband. In some ways he was resistant to the idea, so I knew how that story played out. I got to wondering if I could imagine it from the other side. A woman who, already married, was presented with this idea of being spanked for misbehaving. I didn't think it would go over well at first, and sure enough...



Fireworks right? Did you write much of yourself into the main character of Sarah?



Gosh, I hope not! I find Sara just a bit of a brat! Of course I have had people that know me read it and tell me it rings pretty well true to myself so maybe I'm a brat and I just don't know it!



Tell us the part you had most fun writing.



You know, it was actually after the book was written. I thought it was done, then a fellow author read it and told me to change something. At first, I thought it would be a small fix, but as you know,
stories sometimes write themselves. That ended up being a six page add-on, the scene between Sara and her Dad. I love it because it's her talking about her issues with her domestic discipline.





Are you working on something new? Give us an idea what we have to look forward to.





I have had several new projects, but the one coming next is called “Mona's Second Chance”. Mona has a cameo in An Errant Bride, so you get know her a bit. Mona has been divorced for over a year
now, and while she knows all the reasons her marriage ended, they no longer seem important. Colby, her Ex-husband, has moved on now and is serious with someone new, but Mona doesn't know if she can ever move on. Especially when he comes to help her when her car won't start, and all her old feelings come rushing back…




Just for fun here's five short questions so we can get to know you....


Sure, sounds like fun. Let's hear it.



What was the first book you read that had an impact on you? One that you just couldn't put down?


It was The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. The first in the Narnia series. I was listening to a teacher read it in the fifth grade, and up until then I really wasn't interested in doing extracurricular
reading but hearing her read it I decided to read it for myself. It was the first time I realised that reading could take you to different worlds. I loved that feeling and later I decided that I wanted to do that for other people.



If you could be someone other than who you are who would that be?



The answer that might surprise you, but I think I'd be an actress. I've always thought there wasn't much of a leap from writing to acting, but I could be wrong. Still it would be fun to see. So let's see... I love Julia Roberts, so I'd trade places with her for a little while.



What's your favourite food?



Anything Italian.




Something that would surprise us about you.




Anyone that knows me would be surprised that I write spanking romance! Some might keel over from the shock, actually, but you already know that so...Oh I know. My celebrity crush is Tom Hanks. I know, I know. Most of my friends think I'm creepy to be in my twenties and have a crush on Tom Hanks, but I think he's amazing, and he's still cute so yeah.


Nothing wrong with Tom Hanks! What's your favourite TV show or movie?



I love TV in general, which makes it ironic that I don't have cable. My husband and I watch a lot together. We just got done watching How I Met Your Mother. I love that show. I love watching a romance unfurl, and you definitely have time to do it in this one!


What is the most exciting moment in your life so far?


Finding out I was pregnant with my first child. That was pretty awesome. A close second would probably be getting my book published. I have wanted to be a writer since I was little. A lot of my writer friends have moved on from that dream, but I never have, so it's so amazing to see it come true.



I have to agree with you on that one Dinah.




I guess that's all for now Dinah, it’s been a pleasure getting to know you a little better and hearing about your new book. Thanks so much for coming to visit!



Don't forget to check out Dinah's links...









And her Blog...








No comments:

Post a Comment

The Romance Reviews

The Romance Reviews

Sexy Cherry